Custom Made Sheer Curtains
Kevin Blinds & Curtains services customers in Perth with custom made sheer curtains in Perth installed in their home.
S-Fold sheer curtains are the way to go for for an airy, light and breezy treatment for your windows. These curtains, also known as sheers are translucent lightweight fabrics that offer a great cover for your windows and can either come in various solid colours, have a metallic or shimmery thread, be embroidered, or have foil print designs, or simply be patterned. They are becoming a popular variety of curtains for people.
Sheer Curtains & Blinds Perth
For Perth home owners, a sheer curtain is an easy way to create a sense of luxury and elegance in your interior space and to soften the lighting to give you that infusion of style to your decor. There are various benefits of having sheer curtains in your home. One is that sheer curtains are a great filter for the light which adds a sense of sophistication to a room. Another benefit of this is that it offers protection to the fixtures and furniture in your home by keeping them shielded from direct sunlight. Sheers also add a pop of texture between other curtains that enhances the general aesthetic of your space as they also frame your windows and add some height to your room.
Sheer curtains can be seen through to some extent, but you cannot make out the details of what you see when you look through them. When they filter light, they cast a glow on the colour of the curtains. For example, if you have turquoise sheers, they will cast a light that has hints of turquoise in it. This means that you can get creative with the colour that you want in your room and possibly make it match the theme of decor that you have.
Several different fabrics are used to make sheer curtains and one of the materials that is commonly used is polyester. This is a material that many people go for because it is durable, it is easy to clean and it has a colour retention ability. Other materials that are used to make sheers include cotton, silk, linen, lace, voile, and chiffon. You can never go wrong if you are looking for a sheer curtain that will go with the style in your home. There is no material that can be considered the best for sheers, as it only needs to be a translucent material that lets light go through.
Sheer curtains may not offer sound cancellation, but they provide some privacy. They are not the best option if you are looking to block out all visibility in a room, but they are great options for window treatments and as a transition between outdoor spaces and indoor spaces. The best thing about sheers is that they offer daylight privacy while allowing natural light to pour into a room. At night, however, people can see through the fabric if the lights are on.
Sheers often come in waves which gives a nice continuous flow to your room from one end of a window to the other end. This creates an illusion of size and adds ‘pop’ to a room. Sheers are manufactured in a modern S-fold Sheer heading, which means they will effortlessly fall from top to bottom. If you are looking for some Perth blinds, Kevin blinds have some of the most beautiful sheers that will leave your room looking absolutely stunning.
Made to Measure Sheer Curtains
The lightweight nature of sheer curtains allows for the subtle transition of light from outside. Even as sheers allow more light through, they add a softness to the light that penetrates into your home interior. How much light is filtered in can also be influenced by the colour of your sheer curtains.
Being light and airy, they not only diffuse light but also allow a soft breeze into your home without the need to sacrifice privacy. Moreover, sheers can be lined to block out light without appearing too heavy like drapes. Sheers also provide UV protection and can help protect your drapes from premature fading due to sun damage so they last longer.
Sheer curtains are also incredibly versatile. Depending on the effect you want for your home interior, you can get sheer curtains in various materials, depths, style, prints, and colours, so they help you achieve the tone and theme you want in a room.
You can also use sheers to provide a soft relief in a room that’s cramped with busy patterns. You can use them to ‘tie together’ mismatched windows or to bunch panels together to break up large continuous windows into sections. Sheers can also be used as elegant room dividers in large open plan spaces.
Sheer Curtain Header Types
The top section of curtains, called the ‘header,’ may be pinched or strung through the rod itself. There are various types of pinching that create different types of pleats, which, in turn, define the fullness, shape and volume of your sheer curtains.Below are the main types of pinches with the pleats they may or may not come with:
- Box Pleat: These look formal and classic and come in the form of angular, clean, and wide pleats.
- Goblet Style: In the goblet style, the pinch drops down a few inches from the top end of the curtain.
- Grommet: These are curtains with holes at the top so they can be strung on the rod directly.
- Pinch or French Pleat: This type of header is pinched at the top and creates fuller pleats. It has a gathered look extending down the curtains and can be hung using pockets or rings.
- Ripple Fold, S-Fold, or S-Wave: This type of header is usually installed on a track. It makes curtains incredibly easy to open and close and produces a soft flow of folds.
- Rod Pocket: If you want a rod that’s totally obscured, choose a rod pocket header. However, rod pockets tend to be more difficult to manage when opening and closing them, and they typically require tie-backs to stay put.
- Tab Top: These curtains have loops that can be pulled right over the rod. Although much of the rod is exposed with tab tops, the rounded pleats are usually narrower.
- Tie top: Tie tops look quite similar to tab tops, except that the curtains are attached to the pole by means of tying bows or knots at the top. These look great if you’re after a relaxed, bohemian, or romantic ambiance.
Find The Right Sheer Curtain For You
Sheer Curtains We Have Installed in Perth
Benefits of Choosing
Can not recommend Kevin enough - top service and fantastic quality.